The thing about Dustin and I though....is that I totally got the better deal. It’s not something I have to convince myself of- it’s pretty much a fact. Don’t get me wrong- I hope that he feels the same way about me....but even if he does, I’m still pretty sure that I’m the lucky one.
Reasons I totally got the better deal
- Packs my lunch every day! And usually remembers the spoon for my yogurt!
- Serves as our family “grounds crew”- raking, mowing, shoveling....
- Makes root beer floats, because he knows they taste better when he makes them for me.
- Invented custom Kraft mac & cheese- with sour cream instead of milk. (try it....you won’t go back).
- Snuggles me whenever I ask. Even if he was already asleep.
- Keeps track of all of our bills and investments, and (probably) doesn’t funnel it into a secret account without me knowing.
- Dances with me...slow, fast, or funny....
- Won’t let me drive when my car needs oil because he doesn’t want anything to happen to me (...or the car...but mostly me...I think).
- Volunteers for errands, like grocery shopping, library book returning, etc. when I have to work late.
- Accepts “I’m scared of the basement” as an excuse, and does our laundry (including separating and line drying my unmentionables.)
- Humors me and my wild, excessive ideas. So so much.
- Gets dressed in the dark (or by flashlight if necessary) to avoid waking me up in the morning.
- Lets me put my cold feet on him when I don’t feel like getting up to get socks.
- Buys me special surprises- like a replacement for my long lost water bottle, or a game that he knows he’ll be forced to play forever.
- Texts me traffic or weather updates when he leaves the house first.
- Buys tampons for me....even without me having to ask.
- Has a signature dance move where he only moves his knees, that makes me pee my pants laughing....every time.
- Tolerates my trash tv habit with (minimal) gripes.
- Lets me have the last bite of just about any food we share.
- Does 90% of the driving on road trips (including a NYC-South Carolina trip in which I lasted precisely one half hour before trading back.)
- Almost always apologizes first.
- Defrosts chicken because he knows I think it’s icky.
- Serves as a fashion consultant when I need an outfit opinion...even if he thinks both pairs of boots look identical.