- McDonald's- It's never delicious. It's actually barely tolerable, but somehow that big mac billboard suckers me in a couple times every year. And every time I'm intensely sorry. I've promised Dustin that I will never (ever) drag him there again, no matter how mouth watering that photoshopped sandwich appears.
- Shutterfly books- I always say they'll take an hour. They always take three and a half days. No 50% off coupon is worth countless hours hunched over a computer screen agonizing over which digital "BABY LOVE!" sticker to place on my snapshot. But dang, if they don't turn out so cute. I just can't quit you, Shutterfly.
- Furniture- How many dining room tables does one family need? And buffets? How about decorative baskets? Random picture frames? Actually, I should have titled this one: Items in the basement- It is not an infinite realm of storage, nor does it organize itself. I cannot keep throwing things at the bottom of the stairs, and then wondering why I can't seem to find the washing machine.
- Caffeine after 4pm- it's a catch twenty-two. Without it, I may not make it 'til bedtime (meaning my kids' bedtime at 7 o'clock). With it, I may not fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning. And not being able to fall asleep is not a luxury you have when you have an infant that is always just moments away from sounding her "I need you!" alarm.
- Baby clothes- These girls have everything they could ever need and then some, and Fin especially is set for life. (She may not ever get to wear anything new, but that's the cross little sisters have to bear. Plus, if we're being honest, only half of Piper's clothes were bought new anyway, so don't feel too bad for the little one.) But the siren song of baby clothes is practically irresistible. I constantly force myself to back away from the Target Clearance rack, lest we end up with another Mt. Onesie on our hands.
What about you? Do you have a cruel mistress in your life that keeps dragging you back for more? What would Barbara Bush encourage you to Just Say No to? (besides the drugs. I heard she was pretty anti that).